FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I own real estate when I purchase my lot?
- No. What you purchase is the right to be interred or inurned no ownership of land is conveyed and all real estate is titled in the name of the cemetery company.
What can I place on my loved ones grave site?
- Please review our policy on flowers and decorations (click here for Floral and Decoration Regulations) which is designed for the safety serenity and enjoyment of all visitors to the cemetery.
Do I have to have a vault (outer burial container)?
- While Virginia State Law does not require an vault for burial, Stafford Memorial Park among others requires a vault as a matter of safety to minimize the settlement of the graveside due to varying casket materials.
What is included in the funeral service fee?
- In addition to the actual work of opening and closing the burial site, this fee includes a gravesite set-up with a tent, chairs, and grass carpeting along with the ongoing landscape work necessary to re-establish grass on your site.
What must I purchased to have a burial?
- Purchase of a burial site(lot/space, cremation niche or structure or mausoleum)
- Funeral Service Fee
- Vault (if in-ground burial to occur)
Do I have to purchase my vault from the cemetery?
- No, this may be purchased from any third party supplier.
Do I have to purchase my memorial from the cemetery?
- No, but you must follow our Rules & Regulations Governing Memorials. Please visit our Policies & Procedures page for a copy of these downloadable documents.
How can I dispose of my property?
- Please visit our Policies & Procedures page for a copy of these downloadable documents of instructions.
What does that word mean?
- Please see the Glossary of Terms (Glossary of Terms.doc here) created by the International Cemetery and Funeral Association to help families with their understanding of interchangeable and confusing terms.
Was my vase stolen?
- Please click here for more information.
RESOURCES AND LINKS
Please visit some of our favorite links below.
Explore Stafford County
Virginia Cemetery Association
Serving Consumers and Cemetery Associates across the state
Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation - Cemetery Board (DPOR)